The XIV International Scientific and Technical Conference of Young Researchers and Specialists “Problems of Modern Nuclear Power Engineering” was held on October 14-16 at V.N. Karasin Kharkiv National University. The conference was dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Ukrainian Nuclear Society foundation. The Conference comprised the Opening Ceremony with speeches of famous scientists from NAS of Ukraine and UkrNS board members and three break-out sessions as the following ones:
- Nuclear Physics and Power Engineering. Radiation Materials Science.
- Improvement of the NPP Operation Safety and Efficiency. Lifetime Extension of Power Units Operation and Management of NPP Equipment Ageing.
- Issues of Development of Ukrainian Nuclear Power Complex. Nuclear, Radioactive and Ecological Safety while Radwaste and Spent Nuclear Fuel Management. Public Relations Work in Nuclear Industry.
A.O. Kholodiuk – a junior researcher of Safety Analysis of Radiation Hazardous Objects Department and S.V. Kupriyanchuk – junior researcher of NPP Decommission Department participated in the conference as representatives of the Institute for Safety Problems of NPP of NAS of Ukraine. They presented reports on topics:
– Forecasting of Radiation Impact while Radioactive Waste Management at Radiation Hazardous Objects of Chornobyl Exclusion Zone on the Level of Ecological Safety;
– Optimization of Container for Radioactive Waste by Using Depleted Uranium.
Young scientists of NAS of Ukraine, specialists of operating organizations, representatives of the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate of Ukraine, design and scientific institutions participated in the conference.