The VI international scientific and practical conference “SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY OF NUCLEAR ENERGY” dedicated to the centenary of Odesa National Polytechnic University was held on September 4-6, 2018 in Odesa.
The conference was organized by the State Enterprise NNEGC “Energoatom” and Odesa National Polytechnic University in association with the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The conference was attended by over 150 participants representing 27 Ukrainian institutions, including 6 scientific institutes of the NAS of Ukraine and 4 national universities, specialists from 6 countries (France, Germany, Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway, Turkey), as well as representatives of 3 international organizations in the field of nuclear energy.
During the conference were held:
- Plenary meeting “Role and place of the nuclear energy in Energy Strategy of Ukraine and world industry trends”;
- Section 1 “Enhancement of nuclear safety, reliability and efficiency of nuclear power units operation”;
- Section 2 “Management of nuclear power installations”;
- Section 3 “Scientific and technical maintenance of the nuclear energy and management of the staff qualification”;
- Section 4 “Spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste (RAW) management. Radiation Safety at the NPP”.
At plenary meeting of the conference 7 reports were presented, in sections there were almost 40 reports, also more than 50 poster reports were presented where such issues were considered:
- strategies of the development of nuclear energy complex of Ukraine in the context of world trends;
- enhancement of safety, reliability and efficiency of nuclear power installations operation;
- up-to-date methods of diagnostics, technical and maintenance service of nuclear power installations equipment;
- management of equipment aging, lifetime extension, nuclear power installations decommissioning;
- radiation safety at the NPP, RAW and nuclear fuel management;
- utilization of up-to-date chemical technologies at the NPP;
- mathematical modeling of processes in nuclear power installations;
- outlook of the new type of reactors utilization;
- training of specialists/personnel for nuclear energy sector of Ukraine.
Specialists of the Institute for Safety Problems of NPP of the NAS of Ukraine presented 7 reports at the conference, in particular Anatolii Nosovskyi, director of the Institute, corresponding member of the NAS of Ukraine, at the plenary meeting made a report “Directions of activity at the Shelter object after putting into operation of the New Safe Confinement”, Volodymyr Borysenko, Head of the Nuclear Power Engineering Division, doctor of technical sciences reported at sectional meeting “Management of nuclear power installations” with a topic “Account of the change in the core parameters of WWER-1000 and the burn-up of the Self-powered neutron detectors (SPND) in the task of energy distribution restoring”
In general the VI international scientific and practical conference “SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY OF NUCLEAR ENERGY” was successful and its objectives were achieved.