Head of the Power Engineering Division, Dr. Tech. Sciences
Volodymyr Borysenko graduated from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv with a degree in experimental nuclear physics.
In 1983, he started his professional career as a supervising physicist at a thermophysical laboratory at the Rivne NPP.
After finishing postgraduate studies at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in 1987, he started to work at the Institute for Nuclear Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine as a junior research assistant and left the institute in 1996 as a Head of Department.
In the period from 1996 to 1999, he held the position of a Deputy Director for Research at the State Scientific Engineering Center of Control Systems and Emergency Response. From 1999 to 2002, he worked as Head of Department at the Nuclear Power Plant Operation Support Institute. Since 2003, he is working at the ISP NPP, where he started his career as a Head of the System Safety Management Department, and since 2016 was promoted to a Head of the Atomic Engineering Division.
In 2018 he obtained his Doctor of Technical Sciences degree with the specialization “thermal and nuclear power plants”
During his scientific research, Dr. V. Borysenko supervised numerous large-scale technical projects, including: the creation and introduction of Safety Parameter Display Systems at 11 power units of VVER-1000 type at the NPP of Ukraine; adaptation and application of the calculation code RELAP5-3D for safety analysis of VVER power units; development of applied software for Neutron Flux Monitoring Systems and others.
The total number of scientific publications is more than 70.
V. Borysenko carries out teaching activities at the Department of Nuclear Physics of the Faculty of Physics at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv with the special courses “Nuclear Physical Aspects of Nuclear and Thermonuclear Reactors”, “Nuclear Reactor Physics”, “Calculation Methods of Nuclear Reactors”, “Non-stationary processes in nuclear power plants”, “Dynamics of nuclear reactors”
Structure of the Division:
- Nuclear Facility Safety Department
- Radioecology Department
- development of algorithms and programs for determination of neutron-physical parameters of a nuclear reactor, as well as fuel-containing materials and other multiplication systems;
- research of reliability of electrical and heat engineering equipment of power units;
- analysis of thermodynamic parameters of safe operation of NPP;
- research and forecast of environmental pollution at accidents at NPPs;
- development of scientific bases and methods of rehabilitation of environmental objects.
Results of activities in the scientific areas:
- analog and digital reactimeters are developed and put into operation;
- application software for calculating reactor period and reactivity are developed and implemented;
- methods of noise analysis of signals of neutron detectors for determination of neutron-physical parameters of the reactor are developed;
- models for investigating the criticality of fuel-containing materials of the Shelter object have been developed;
- method of complex analysis of failures of generating equipment of the NPP is developed;
- optimal structure of the power unit is proposed based on the expansion of the turbine generator’s reactive power ranges;
- method of calculation of three-dimensional temperature fields of turbogenerator ТВВ-1000-2УЗ is developed;
- research was carried out and the forecast of pollution of objects of the environment in case of accidents at NPPs with the use of different distribution models was developed;
- research and modeling of the secondary lifting and transport of radioactive aerosols in the surface layer of the atmosphere was carried out;
- scientific bases and methods of rehabilitation of objects of the environment are developed;
- the installation of operational control of the burnout depth of spent fuel assemblies has been developed.